1) There are typically less homes on the market which means less supply for buyers, who are usually more serious, during the holiday season. Give yourself the advantage of buying or listing now, while there's less competition out there. Don't be like everybody else who waits until January 1st to make the leap.
2) Your home and neighborhood are looking their best with the holiday decorations in place, what a special time to buy a home. Who doesn't love ringing in the new year in a new home?
3) There are tax benefits to buying a home, taking advantage of a tax break before the end of the year is a great incentive to many buyers.
4) Faster closings and historically lower interest rates due to less overall transactions in the industry.
Last but not least...
5) Buying or selling now frees up your summer for more fun activities! Let everybody else waste their summer vacations house hunting/moving/selling while you enjoy yourself.
So, don't let the holiday season scare you off, the early bird gets the worm! There are so many benefits to getting in the game now.